NAMMULDI BWT WASTE FINES STORAGE FACILITY – STAGE 2
Nammuldi BWT Waste Fines
Storage Facility – Stage 2
60km Northwest Tom Price
CONTRACT AWARD VALUE
Testament to the strength of NRW’s existing relationship with Rio Tinto, NRW-NYFL JV secured the second stage of the Waste Fines Storage Facility (WFSF) project at the Nammuldi Mine site, located North West of Tom Price in the Pilbara region.
The contract comprised the construction of the embankment Stage 2 raise for the WFSF to RL 580 m. Stage 1 of the WFSF (completed in 2014 by NRW) was constructed to RL 575 metre. The 5 metre raise was constructed by the downstream construction method.
Scope of work included:
- Cleared and grubbed Stage 2 inundation basin (85Ha)
- Recovered and stockpiled topsoil and subsoil from the Stage 2 inundation basin (595,000m3)
- 424,000m3 of earthworks including embankment raise, crest road, spillway and seepage collection system
- Drainage pipe installation
- Construction of the decant structure and accessway
- Installation of instrumentation including piezometers, survey points, gauge boards and monitoring bores