Nammuldi Below Water
Table Bulk Earthworks
60km Northwest Tom Price
CONTRACT AWARD VALUE
AU $170 million
The NRW & Eastern Guruma Joint Venture was contracted to undertake the bulk earthworks at Rio Tinto’s Nammuldi Below Water Table (NBWT) Project.
The project consists of earthworks for the processing plant, waste fine storage facility, mine service facilities, stockyard, an explosives compound, heavy vehicle haul roads, light vehicle roads, and a rail link with a train loading facility.
The Project scope includes:
- 5.7 kilometres of Heavy Haul Roads
- 12 kilometres of Light Vehicle Roads
- Over 3,000,000 cubic metres of excavation
- Over 690,000 cubic metres of drill and blasting
- Over 7,000 lineal metres of culverts
- Installation of stacker beams including 1,850m3 of concrete and installation of 4.5kms of rail.
The Project ran for 37 weeks commencing in May 2013 and at its peak had over 400 personnel mobilised to site.