Yandi Sustaining Project Stage 1
Pilbara, Western Australia
CONTRACT AWARD VALUE
The project consisted of bulk earthworks and bridgeworks for Rio Tinto’s Yandi Sustaining Project (YSP) to expand the mine production capacity. The works included:
- Over 2.3 million cubic metres of bulk excavation
- Over 1 million cubic metres of excavation in rock.
- 8 kilometres of heavy vehicle haul road construction
- Over 12 kilometres of sealed and unsealed Light vehicle road construction, with 4,200 metres of safety barrier
- Over 6,500 lineal metres of culverts
- Construction of a 48 metre long bridge over an operational railway
- Construction of 2 floodways
- Construction of a 23 metre high ROM wall
The contract duration was 63 weeks commencing in November 2012 with a peak workforce of 230 personnel.