SOUTH FLANK BULK EARTHWORKS & CONCRETE
BHP Iron Ore
South Flank Bulk Earthworks
120 kilometres north-west
of Newman, WA
The South Flank project is being developed as part of BHP Iron Ore’s wider project to increase mining, processing and out-loading capacity of the existing Mining Area C (MAC) mining hub.
The site is located 120 kilometres by road north-west of the town of Newman, and approximately eight kilometres south of BHP’s existing Mining Area C operation.
The contract includes the provision of bulk earthworks, drainage, concrete structures, roadworks, laydowns, and buried services.
The scope of works includes:
- Earthworks (1,900,000 cubic metres)
- 3 Conveyor formation (circa 20 kilometres)
– Access roads
– Drill & blast – 630,000 cubic metres
- Culvert installation
- Electrical and water reticulation
- Concrete works (14,000 cubic metres)
– 2 primary crushers
– Transfer station foundations
- MSE Walls x2