SOUTH FLANK BULK EARTHWORKS & CONCRETE
BHP Iron Ore
South Flank Bulk Earthworks
of Newman, WA
The South Flank project is being developed as part of BHP Iron Ore’s wider project to increase mining, processing and out-loading capacity of the existing Mining Area C (MAC) mining hub.
The site is located 120 kilometres by road north-west of the town of Newman, and approximately eight kilometres south of BHP’s existing Mining Area C operation.
The contract includes the provision of bulk earthworks, drainage, concrete structures, roadworks, laydowns, and buried services.
The scope of works includes:
- Earthworks (1,900,000 cubic metres)
- 3 Conveyor formation (circa 20
– Access roads
– Drill & blast – 630,000 cubic metres
- Culvert installation
- Electrical and water reticulation
- Concrete works (14,000 cubic
– 2 primary crushers
– Transfer station foundations
- MSE Walls x2