Western Turner Brockman Project
Nanutarra – Munjina Road Realignment.
20km west of Tom Price
CONTRACT AWARD VALUE
The project involved realigning, upgrading and sealing the Nanutarra – Munjina Road. The scope of work included earthworks, roadworks, drainage, structural works traffic signalling, signage and linemarking. Special features of the project included:
- Over 300,000 cubic meters of earthworks
- Drill and blast adjacent to operating roads
- All works undertaken to MRWA specifications
- Traffic staging and controls to ensuring the road remained operational during all works.
- Construction of RECO precast concrete arch tunnel including in-situ concrete foundations and wing walls
- Extensive drainage and associated structures
- Installation of traffic signals at the intersection of the Nanutarra Munjina road and the Mine Haul Road.
At its peak over 100 people were mobilised to site.