MESA J TSF UPGRADE
Mesa J TSF Upgrade
Pilbara, Western Australia
The Mesa J TSF Upgrade was a Joint Venture between NRW and Indigenous partner NYFL, building on our existing relationship with the Ngarluma and Yindjibarndi people.
The project involved the upgrade of two tailings storage facilities (TSF) 4, and TSF 5, including the relocation of associated pipework, power lines and the installation of monitoring equipment.
The scope of works included:
- Clearing, grubbing, stripping and foundation preparation for embankment and access road footprint
- Bulk earthwork operations; construction of tailings bunds, access roads and embankment construction
- Supply and installation of new steel tailings delivery pipework, valves and fittings
- Supply and installation of new HDPE water return pipework
- Installation of HDPE pipework for tailings discharge spigots
- Installation of Piezometers (VWPs)
- Design and reinstatement of the power poles