KOODAIDERI PHASE 1 - MINE PRE-STRIP
Koodaideri Phase 1 – Mine Pre-strip
Pilbara, Western Australia
NRW was awarded the Mine Pre-strip contract by Rio Tinto for the new Koodaideri mine in the Pilbara, Western Australia. The Greenfield Koodaideri mine is located 240 kilometres north of Newman and 35 kilometres northwest of the Yandicoogina mine in the East Pilbara mining region.
The Koodaideri mine will initially be developed as a nominal 43 metric tonnes per annum high grade, dry processing operation.
The project involves the development of initial mining pre-strip and earthworks infrastructure to enable the commencement of mining operations.
Scope of works includes:
- Mobilisation and site establishment
- Clearing and stripping topsoil and subsoil
- Drill and blast operations
- Pre-strip mining operations
- Construction of access roads, haul roads and in pit facilities
- Bulk earthworks and drainage construction
- Construction of rom pad and skyway