KOODAIDERI MINE PLANT BULK EARTHWORKS
Koodaideri Mine Plant
240 kilometres north of
Newman, Western Australia
NRW was awarded the Plant Bulk Earthworks contract by Rio Tinto for the new Koodaideri mine in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
The Greenfield Koodaideri mine is located 240 kilometres north of Newman and 35 kilometres northwest of the Yandicoogina mine in the East Pilbara mining region.
The scope of works includes:
- All earthworks, roadworks and drainage for:
- ROM / primary crusher
- Coarse ore stockpile
- Secondary crushing
- Train load-out
- Bulk earthworks total 2,600,000 bank cubic metres, including:
- 485,000 bank cubic metres of drill & blast
- 166,000 compacted cubic metres of base course material for pavements
- 600,000 bank cubic metre of material stockpiled for others
- Culvert installation of approximately 2,800 metres
A total of 175 personnel will be employed on this project during peak earthworks production.