CARRAPATEENA PLANT SITE BULK EARTHWORKS
Carrapateena Plant Site
160 kilometres north of
Port Augusta, South Australia
NRW was awarded the Bulk Earthworks for the Minerals Processing Plant (MPP) and Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) areas at Carrapateena.
OZ Minerals Carrapateena mine site is located 160 kilometres north of Port Augusta, South Australia.
The scope of works included:
- Clearing, grubbing and topsoil removal
- Bulk earthworks for MPP and NPI areas
- Construction of five site storage ponds
- Development of site access roads including pavement
- Stormwater drainage including culvert installation, open lined channels and structures
- Hardstands development
- Tailings pipeline corridor (6 kilometres)
- Bulk excavation for concrete footings
- Miscellaneous site preparation works