YANDI OXBOW PROJECT
Rio Tinto Iron Ore
Yandicoogina Mine Site
Pilbara, Western Australia
CONTRACT AWARD VALUE
Rio Tinto currently operate the Yandicoogina (Yandi) mine site located in the central Pilbara region of Western Australia, approximately 100km northwest of Newman and 300km southeast of Dampier.
The Yandi Oxbow project is the next pit planned for development to sustain production from Rio Tinto Iron Ore’s Yandi mine operations. Run-of-mine ore from the Oxbow pit will be hauled directly from the pit to the existing processing circuit at Junction South West.
Scope of Work
The scope of work for the Yandi Oxbow Project earthworks and civil works include:
- A 4.5km haul road to connect the Oxbow ore body to the Junction South West run-of-mine pad
- A haul road rail crossing (overpass) consisting of mechanically stabilised earth walls and a steel bridge deck crossing an operating railway
- Upgrades, re-routing and extensions to existing light vehicle access roads
- Supply and installation of corrugated steel pipe culverts
- Construction of a permanent Turkey Nest
- Supply and installation of fencing, gates, guard railing and signage
NRW successfully delivered the Yandi Sustaining project, ahead of schedule, in 2013 at this mine site for the same client team and look to continue the good relationship established on that project.